Summer Music Along the Lakeshore
After a busy day at the beach or at work, it's time to kick back and relax a while. What better way than to listen to some music. You can find performances almost any night of the week, all within a short driving distance. Area musicians as well as professional traveling groups are featured in these summertime performances. For the outdoor venues, grab your lawnchair or a blanket and get ready to be entertained. Outdoor performances are free; there may be a charge for an indoor venue performance.
Local concerts by the Scottville Clown Band throughout the summer.
- Sundays on the Porch, 1:30-4:30pm, Douglas Valley Vineyards, Manistee (May26-September 29, 2019).
- Live Music on the Deck, 6-8pm, Golden Sands Golf & Bucket Bar, 2501 N. Wilson Road, Mears. Some Friday & Saturday shows.
- Concerts in the Park, 7pm, Village Park, Onekama (July 1-August 19, 2019).
- West Shore Civic Band, various locations, Ludington.
- Manistee Shoreline Showcase, 7pm, Rotary Gazebo, First Street Beach, Manistee (June 18-August 27, 2019).
- Pickin' in Pentwater, 7pm, Pentwater Village Green.
- Summer Concert Series, Scottville Clown Band Shell.
- Silver Lake Concert Series, Golden Township Park at Silver Lake Sand Dunes, 7pm.
- LACA Summer Music Series, 7pm, Location TBA, Ludington. Rain location: Ludington Area Center for the Arts, 107 S. Harrison St. (June 19-August 28, 2019).
- Echo through the Timber, 7pm, Wenger Pavilion, Baldwin (June 19-August 28, 2019.
- Nights at the Lights, 7pm, Little Sable Lighthouse, Silver Lake. (July 10-August 7, 2019)
- Roots on the River, 7pm, Manistee Jaycees Riverwalk Bandshell, Memorial Drive, Manistee.
- Live Music in the Plaza, 5pm-8pm, North James Street Plaza, downtown Ludington. (May 23-August 29, 2019)
- Pentwater Civic Band, 8pm, Village Green, Pentwater. (June 27-August 29, 2019)
- Music on the Commons, 7pm, Hart Commons overlooking Hart Lake (Alternate Thursdays June 13-August 22, 2019).
- Friday Night Live, 6pm-9pm, downtown Ludington. (July 12-August 2, 2019)
- Fridays at the Log Cabin, August, Kaleva.
- Summer Sounds, 7pm, Michigan Legacy Art Park, Thompsonville (July 5-26, 2019).
- Sounds from the Forest, 7pm, Wenger Pavilion, Baldwin (June 22-August 31, 2019).
- Rhythm & Dunes Concerts, 7pm, Waterfront Park, Ludington. (July 27, August 3, 2019)
- Summer Sounds, 7pm, Michigan Legacy Art Park, Thompsonville (August 3 & 10, 2019).
In addition, several businesses including Gull Landing in Pentwater, offer concerts throughout the summer months.
For more summer music happenings along the lakeshore, check these out:
Idlewild Music Fest.
Ludrock-Two-Day Music Festival.
Manistee County Summer Music.
Spirit of the Woods Folk Festival in Brethren.
Ludington State Park Summer Performances.
Nights at the Lights Features Entertainment at the Lighthouses.