Downtown Ludington's New Year's Eve Ball Drop
December 31, 2014
Below is a tentative schedule for December 31, 2014. Check back for updates.
- Resolution Run 5K, 12:30pm, begins and ends at North Star Chiropractic.
- Sandcastles Annual Balloon Drop NYE Party, 6pm-9pm, featuring party food and favors, crafts, dress up, and family pictures. Cost is $10 per person, $35 per family (2 adults and children.)
- The Mason County District Library invites families, children and teens to celebrate New Year's Eve with a family party on Dec. 31st from 7pm-11:30pm. There will be crafts, games, and activities. Free to the public.
- Entertainment Tent opens at 9:30pm in N. James Street Plaza, downtown Ludington, with music and beverages.
- Commemorative glasses will be available. Food & Drink specials throughout the night in downtown Ludington.
- Ball drop with a countdown to midnight.
- Fireworks display over downtown Ludington.
LUDINGTON RESTAURANTS, PUBS, AND RETAIL SHOPS WILL REMAIN OPEN LATE INTO THE EVENING
On December 31, numerous downtown businesses offer great sales and many of them stay open late at night. And some of Ludington's favorite downtown restaurants are having two seatings, with dinner specials for two. Whether you want to wander through our art galleries, browse our specialty stores, or enjoy food and drink at a local restaurant or pub, Ludington welcomes you to come in out of the weather! Follow these links for additional information about Ludington Restaurants and Ludington Specialty Shops.
It's a one of a kind event...with evening activities beginning at 9:30pm at the North James Street Plaza in the heart of downtown Ludington. Be sure to check our Coupons Page and our Travel Specials Page for discounts and specials offered by Ludington area merchants and lodging facilities. If you are visiting Ludington from out of town, check our Lodging Category for a list of hotels, motels, inns, and other places to stay. Happy New Year!!
FAMILIES CAN ENJOY NEW YEARS EVE TOGETHER
There are two family-oriented parties scheduled on New Year' Eve. The first one will be at Sandcastles Children's Museum from 6pm-9pm. The other one is being held at the Ludington Library from 8pm-11:30pm...where there will be video games, board games, puzzles, carnival games, crafts, toys...plus hot chocolate, cookies and popcorn.
Watch the Lighted Ball Drop at Midnight
The Ludington New Year's Eve ball is six feet, five inches in diameter and is lit by 6,000 LED lights. It is the biggest ball in West Michigan. There are four different color lights which blink as it's lowered. Employees of GLC Metal Fabricators and Harsco were responsible for making the ball, and Tye Signs did the lights.
ENJOY LUDINGTON'S SMALL TOWN CHARM
The festive atmosphere of our northern New Year's Eve is filled with small town friendliness and local charm. You'll feel so enchanted, we bet you will come back year after year. Being up north in Ludington is great even in the winter!