Mason County Lumber Heritage Trail
Many people explored this rich lumber heritage by making their way along the trail, using their smartphones to hear the stories associated with each site. Dial (231) 480-3084 and use the stop numbers below for an audio narrative:
- (#121 & #138) Lumber Museum at Historic White Pine Village, 1687 S. Lakeshore Drive
- (108) Lumber Sculpture at Waterfront Park, 200 S. William Street
- (#100-#106) Lakeview Cemetery, 906 N. Lakeshore Drive
- (#118-#120) Pere Marquette Cemetery, 5884 W. 6th Street
- (#109) Warren Cartier Residence, 409 E. Ludington Avenue
- (#110) Marshall Butters Residence, 412 E. Ludington Avenue
- (#111) Antoine Cartier Residence, 501 E. Ludington Avenue
- (#112) Emery Weimer Residence, 510 E. Ludington Avenue
- (#113) W.T. Culver Residence, 701 E. Ludington Avenue
- (#114) James Foley Residence, 702 E. Ludington Avenue
- (#115) Daniel Goodenough Residence, 706 E. Ludington Avenue
- (#116) John Joyce Residence, 201 S. Washington Avenue
- (#117) Milton Ward Residence, 309 S. Washington Avenue
- (#107) Frank Filer & Edward Stanchfield Residence, 201 N. Gaylord Avenue
Read other stories that comprise the Mason County Cultural Trails
Quilt Barn Trail
More West Michigan History...
For more activities & attractions, check out these additional links for Things to Do in West Michigan:
Have Fun in Manistee, Michigan -- Explore Manistee's historic downtown district and riverwalk, hike the Manistee National Forest, canoe on the Manistee River, and more.
Hamlin Lake -- Just 4 miles north of Ludington, Hamlin Lake is a great destination for boating, fishing and climbing dunes! The Hamlin Lake shoreline is also part of the Ludington State Park.
Silver Lake Sand Dunes -- Visiting the Silver Lake Sand Dunes makes for a terrific vacation because you can take your off-road vehicle for a spin on the scenic sand dunes overlooking Lake Michigan and Silver Lake.
Things to Do in Pentwater, Michigan -- Nothing is quite like the quaint, artsy, harbortown village of Pentwater. Don't miss the popular Charles Mears State Park beach on Pentwater's Lake Michigan shoreline.
Lots of Activities in Scottville, Michigan -- Explore the Riverside Park along the National Scenic Pere Marquette River.
Canoeing or Fishing on the Pere Marquette River -- Many boat liveries offer canoe rentals.
Also, check out West Michigan Guides and our locally produced WestMichigan.MichBiz.com directory for our largest lists of Things to Do in West Michigan.